Dynamic and Plyo – Thu 8.17.17
Conditioning: 5 rounds:
– 10 Plyo Push Ups – 5/side (Performance/Fitness: 45# bumpers, Health: Push Up sub of choice)
– 10 Dynamic Step Ups – 10 ea. leg (20″ box or less)
– 50 yard One-Arm Farmers Walk – switch @ 25yrd (DB/KB/Barbell of choice)
*Plyo Push Up: This is a version of a Plyometric Push – Up using plates. Start with your hands on he ground then touch your chest to the ground and drive up explosively catching yourself on the plates. Video HERE
*Dynamic Step Up: Stand up tall. Place one foot on the box. Dorsiflex the ankle of the foot on the ground. Step up by pressing through the foot on the box. Lift the knee of the leg on the floor all the way up and through. At the top of the box you straighten be standing tall with fully extended knee and hip. The oppsite leg should be bent in front, with ankle still in dorsiflexion. Perform 10 reps on one leg, then switch to the other leg. Video HERE
Skill: On the minute for 12:00:
– Odd – 2 Pistols/leg at hardest variation for you
– Even – 1 max distance Broad Jump (try to increase distance each time)
Our PT Fundamentals Program you work with your private coach and complete at least 5 one-on-one or two-on-one personal training sessions that will properly prepare you for the demands of CrossFit group classes. During this time, and even upon graduation, you and your coach will constantly monitor your fitness progress to help you achieve your goals!
This is available for current clients and new clients alike!
For more information, go HERE