EMOM and a WOD – Fri 5.12.17
Lot’s of acronyms in this title. EMOM (every minute on the minute) and WOD (workout of the day). Let’s do both today
Skill: EMOM for 10:00:
– 3 Power Snatches (Performance: 135/95#, Fitness: 115/75#, Health: up to 85/55#)
– max. Ring Dips for remainder of minute (Health: Ring Push Up or Push Up sub of choice)
Conditioning: 10 Reps down to 1 Rep:
Complete 10, 9, 8, 7, ….1 Reps of each:
– Burpees over the bar
– Hang Power Cleans (same weight as EMOM)
– Medicine Ball Granny Toss – max height (Performance/Fitness: 20/14#, Health: 14/10#)*
* Each rep should be for max vertical height. Let the ball hit the ground each rep, do not catch it!
**If the ball is landing too far forward or behind you (not vertically over the spot it is being thrown), then don’t throw so high and focus on a straighter throw. Choose a mat on the floor and don’t let the ball land outside that mat.
This May, we are helping to provide healthcare to people around the world through Watsi. Every check in will help provide a life-changing surgery to someone in need. Check-in and #changealife
The Compound’s Mission: To provide simple and effective training for a healthy life.
We train functional movements, including squatting, pushing, pulling, throwing, and jumping. Training this way ensures full range of joints and muscles, strengthening the entire body and allowing you apply these movements into everyday life. you will be much healthier and happier!