Happy Halloween! – Mon 10.31.16
Reminder Gym Hours: 5 AM, 8-11 AM only today.
Evening classes are cancelled, enjoy your Halloween!
Skill: Static Ring Hold 6-8 sets x 10-20 sec. Perform 10-15 Band Pull Aparts between each set. Rest approx. 2:00 between sets
– Position rings approximately shoulder width apart, they should be high enough to allow your feet to be completely off the ground at the top
– Jump up into the top of a dip position on the rings. If you feel unsteady have someone hold your elbows at the start for stability
– Focus on keeping a hollow position as well as keeping your shoulders fully externally rotated.
– Your palms should face almost completely forward
– Keep your shoulder blades retracted back and down and your head looking forward
Static holds are to improve Support Strength on the rings. If you cannot do it from a Ring Dip position, work it from a Ring Push Up position.
Conditioning: Similar to “Fight Gone Bad”, in this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating.
3 rounds at the following stations:
1. KB Snatch – alt. arms as needed (53/35#)
2. Box Overs (20″)
3. Push Ups
4. Knees to Elbows
5. Front Squats (95/65#)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of “rotate,” the athletes must move to next station immediately for good score.
One point is given for each rep.