Hold it now hit it – Wed 10.04.17
How to Do Burpees:
- Step 1: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Step 2: Squat down and place your hands on the ground positioned like you would for a Push-Up
- Step 3: Kick your feet back to assume a push-up position
- Step 4: Lower yourself into a push-up until your chest touches the ground
- Step 5: Hop your feet toward your hands
- Step 6: Stand up and jump up into to the air, bringing your arms overhead—or clap them together overhead at the top of the jump. Land softly and repeat.
*While intensity will always allow some slop to slip into the movement, the two things we fight for the entire time is heels on the floor in Steps 2 and 5, and maintaining our cores (not rounding our backs) throughout.
Strength: Push Press 2-2-2-2-2
Conditioning: “Hold it now hit it”
– 12 Toes to Bar
– 12 Burpees
– 200m Run
All of our coaches train in the Oly lifts for various reasons; Leighna competes in them, Buck uses them in his Highland Games competitions, and Phil studies and practices them non-stop to be better/stronger at CrossFit and at life! If you are interested in learning more about Olympic-style Weightlifting, then speak to a coach or email Phil at [email protected]
For the month of October, Sweat Angels will be partnering with Bright Pink. Bright Pink’s programs educate and equip young women and their doctors to assess their risk for breast and ovarian cancer and detect these diseases at early, non-life-threatening stages. Every 3 check-ins will provide 1 woman access to a breast & ovarian cancer risk assessment. #breastcancerawareness
The Compound’s Mission: To provide simple and effective training for a healthy life.
We train functional movements, including squatting, pushing, pulling, throwing, and jumping. Training this way ensures full range of joints and muscles, strengthens the entire body, and allows you to apply these movements into everyday life. You will be much healthier and happier!