March already! – Wed 3.01.17
This March, every 2 check-ins provides a meal to a child in need through our partnership with feed ONE. The goal of feedONE is to see lives changed as they promote healthy children and communities that are free from poverty and hunger. Thanks for checking in! #meals4kids
Strength: Push Press 3-3-3-3-3
Conditioning: “Elizabeth or Diane?”
Reps of 21-15-9
– Hang Power Cleans (Performance: 165/115#, Fitness: 135/85#, Health: 95/55#)
– Handstand Push Ups (Performance: Strict from floor or 6″ with Kip, Fitness: Floor to up to 1 abmat, Health: Difficult Push Up scale of choice)*
*If you do not have full Range of Motion on the floor Push Ups, do not got for Handstand Push Ups. Work on your traditional push ups first. If your musculature can not handle a full Push Up, then it definitely isn’t safe to do Handstand Push Ups! BUT, If you are confident in you handstand balance, feel free to kick up, just understand that you are not necessarily getting the full benefit of this workout.
If you choose to scale to Push Ups, then go lower and more difficult then what you usually choose in a WOD. Understand that many of the members attempting to do Handstand Push Ups will only getting one to two reps at a time. So challenge yourself to the hardest version of Push Ups you can!
Do you know that we offer private training? You and your friends should know this!
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FITNESS! Here are some things private training can do for you:
- Complete our Fundamentals classes with your own Coach.
- Ease your way into CrossFit on your own schedule.
- Master the Olympic and Power lifts.
- Upgrade your nutritional life from the kitchen to the store.
- Improve those pesky difficult movements (i.e: kipping pull ups or double unders).
- Improve gymnastics: muscle ups, bar muscle ups, handstand push ups.
- Customize programming for you.
- Or, just get better at CrossFit.
Sometimes, one-on-one sessions is just what is needed. At The Compound, we have many experienced, and certified coaches in not just CrossFit, but weightlifting, endurance sports, and overall wellness. We’ve been coaching CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics, mobility and nutrition for more than 10 years. Our Coaches practice what they preach and are prepared to work with you one-on-one to help you achieve your goals in fitness, strength and nutrition.
All of our Coaches are available for one-on-one sessions with Compound members.