“Nicole” – Tue 4.26.16
“Nicole” is my favorite pull up WOD and is a benchmark CrossFit workout. It crushes the forearms and makes it feel like you are running with two tree trunks tied to your shoulders. Do you practice your math skills while you run the 400m, constantly trying to pick what to target each round to get to your goal? What pull-up strategy do you use in this one? Do you hang on for dear life and eke out rep after rep? Or once you get to fatigue do you choose to drop and run fast? Whatever method you chose today, remember it and next time try the opposite.
Skill: OTM for 10:00:
– Performance: 10 yard Handstand Walk or 2-3 Deficit HSPU
– Fitness: 2-3 Handstand Push Ups
– Health: 1 Wall Walk + 5 sec Handstand Hold (as vertical as possible)
Conditioning: AMRAP in 2000:
– Run 400m
– Max rep Pull Ups*
Score is total number of pull ups completed.
Health: Ring Row – choose a height and stay with it the entire workout. Make sure your feet are always placed in the same position.
Do you know that we offer private training?
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FITNESS! Here are some things private training can do for you:
- Complete our Fundamentals classes with your own Coach.
- Ease your way into CrossFit on your own schedule.
- Master the Olympic and Power lifts.
- Upgrade your nutritional life from the kitchen to the store.
- Improve those pesky difficult movements (i.e: kipping pull ups or double unders).
- Improve gymnastics: muscle ups, bar muscle ups, handstand push ups.
- Customize programming for you.
- Or, just get better at CrossFit.
Sometimes, one-on-one sessions is just what is needed. At The Compound, we have many experienced, and certified coaches in not just CrossFit, but weightlifting, endurance sports, and overall wellness. We’ve been coaching CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics, mobility and nutrition for more than 6 years. Our Coaches practice what they preach and are prepared to work with you one-on-one to help you achieve your goals in fitness, strength and nutrition.
All of our Coaches are available for one-on-one sessions with Compound members.