On the two minutes – Thu 6.23.16
Yes we are doing some squats today, but they are low volume compared to yesterday! For the Strength portion, make sure you are getting at least 3-4 warm up sets prior to starting your first of five Front Squat sets. And make sure you take at least two minutes rest between sets.
Strength: Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3
Conditioning: Complete one round every 2 minutes:
– 3 Power Cleans (Performance: 225/155#, Fitness: 185/115#, Health: AHAP – add weight after rounds)
– 10 Pull Ups (Performance: Towel Pull Ups, Fitness: Rx’d, Health: Ring Rows)
*Complete both movements within 2 minutes resting the remainder of the time. Complete 6 Rounds or 12 minutes of work.
** No bands
- “Performance” Level folks, bring a towel and challenge yourself to some strict towel pull ups!
- “Fitness” Level folks, try to work on as strict as possible pull ups. Practice minimizing the kip.
- “Health” Level folks, go as heavy as possible on the cleans (they can be singles). Try to add weight after every successful round.
The July sessions of Boot Camp begin Wednesday, July 6th for 5, 6 and 9 AM classes!!
This 4-week fitness program uses the principles of CrossFit without the aspect of heavy weight lifting in a 45-minute boot camp style workout designed to build power and strength, increase stamina and cardiovascular endurance, and improve overall fitness. This boot camp program is uniquely scaled to all individuals- you don’t need to be in shape to begin and any workout can be modified to meet individual fitness levels.
Fourth of July Hours: 5, 8, 9 and 10 AM classes only that day. So get your workout in early!