Second workout announcement – Thu 3.02.17
The second 2017 CrossFit Games Open will be announced tonight at 5 pm. Because they make a big production out of it, the actual rules of the workout probably won’t be completely available until around 5:30 pm. More info on the announcement can be found HERE.
Skill: Snatch Practice. Complete a “Burgener Warm Up”, then work up to a heavy 2 rep Power Snatch, Split Snatch or Full Snatch
Conditioning: For QUALITY for 15:00:
– 200m Run or 250m Row
– 30 Hip Extensions
– 30 Hollow Rocks
– 30 DB/KB Chainsaw Rows – 15/ arm (AHAP)
**For QUALITY means for 15 min, I do not care how many rounds or reps you do. I want your run/ rows to be as fast a sprint as possible. But, take your time on the Hip Extensions and Hollow Rocks for perfect reps. Hold each rep at the top for 1-3 solid seconds, don’t go for speed!
For the Chainsaw Rows, choose a challenging weight and challenge yourself! If you use a weight and can hit all 15 reps on one side in one set, then go up in weight the next round!
After the run/row, the other exercises can be done in any order.
Do you know that we offer private training? You and your friends should know this!
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FITNESS! Here are some things private training can do for you:
- Complete our Fundamentals classes with your own Coach.
- Ease your way into CrossFit on your own schedule.
- Master the Olympic and Power lifts.
- Upgrade your nutritional life from the kitchen to the store.
- Improve those pesky difficult movements (i.e: kipping pull ups or double unders).
- Improve gymnastics: muscle ups, bar muscle ups, handstand push ups.
- Customize programming for you.
- Or, just get better at CrossFit.
Sometimes, one-on-one sessions is just what is needed. At The Compound, we have many experienced, and certified coaches in not just CrossFit, but weightlifting, endurance sports, and overall wellness. We’ve been coaching CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics, mobility and nutrition for more than 10 years. Our Coaches practice what they preach and are prepared to work with you one-on-one to help you achieve your goals in fitness, strength and nutrition.
All of our Coaches are available for one-on-one sessions with Compound members.