Suitcase Deadlift – Tue 5.30.17
Strength: Suitcase Deadlift 3rm on each side. Work up incrementally, and only move up when you can do the same weight on each side
AMRAP for 20:00:
– – :60 sec: 4 way Dead Bugs (Video)
– 10 Med Ball to Toes – Lt+Rt=1 rep
– 10 Single Leg Hip Bridges – 10 Lt + 10 Rt
*Description of Dead Bugs and Hip Bridges below
* 4 way Dead Bugs:
- Ankles dorsiflexed
- Knees fully extended, quads locked
- Establish as close to 90 degree hip flexion as possible, heels towards the ceiling
- Actively paint the spine from the base of the skull to the tailbone across the ground
- Drive belly button down towards the ground maximizing trunk activation
- Keep chin tucked to elongate cervical spine
- Arms should be extended in a neutral position, with scapulae retracted and making contact with ground
- While maintaining elbow and knee extension, lower arms and legs towards the ground in a slow and controlled manner
- Protect home position by painting the spine from neck to tailbone across the ground
- Return to home position, and repeat
- Always return to home position before completing the warm up
* Single Leg Hip Bridge:
- This is a glute activation exercise.
- Raise one leg so that the thighs are in line with each other.
- Brace your lower back, squeeze the glute and drive the hips to the ceiling,
- keeping the thighs in line with each other.
- Keep your pelvis level by squeezing your glutes and abdomen throughout the movement.