Think ‘I will try’ – Thu 9.28.17
I saw on the whiteboard over the weekend that someone wrote, “Replace ‘I can’t’ with ‘I will try.” That’s a great mindset to have, especially since CrossFit embraces focusing on your weaknesses, which is uncomfortable for many people.
If you know my programming, you know I like athletic movements, on single legs when possible, with a focus on posture and position throughout the movement. Here’s a move from the Power Athlete people, that will tax all those ideas:
Skill: Elevated KB Toe Up Knee Up
– 30 reps on each leg – Start light, add weight throughout, move slow and controlled
Points Of Performance:
- Use a box or platform that is 12-18″ height.
- Use a KB that is heavy enough to force control and dorsiflexion. This will vary for each athlete and their competency.
- Start with foot on KB on ground, and bring the knee high enough to force you to maintain posture and position. Don’t short it.
Conditioning: 2017 Team Series Event 2
– 120 Double Unders (Health: attempts count)
– 60 Chest to Bar Pull Ups (Health: Pull Up sub of choice)
– 60 Hang Power Snatches (95/65#, Health: 45/35#)
– 120 Double Unders
*Find a partner and complete. One Partner working at a time.
**Performance: Go this alone.