Strict pull ups – Thu 5.05.16
Strict Pull Ups points to think about and try to maintain (I know in practice it is not always possible!). Most, if not all of these points will work for Ring Rows as well:
- dead hang to start (head neutral, eyes forward, elbows locked out, legs and feet together, no angle at shoulder)
- initiate pull from lats
- keep body hollow throughout pull.
- eyes stay fixed on same point on horizon throughout
- point A to point B in as much of a straight line as possible.
- pull as high as possible with each rep. Not just to chin over bar.
- keep position in place on descent
Skill: Pull Ups 3 x max reps
*Performance: Strict, Weighted (use close a 5rm weight and try to get more reps)
Fitness: Strict, Bodyweight
Health: Ring Rows. If you are getting in the 15-20 rep range, its time to lower those rings or raise those feet!
Conditioning: AMRAP in 15:00:
– 5 Knees to elbows (Performance: Strict, Fitness: rx’d, Health: Knees to 90 degrees)
– 10 Pistols, alternating (Performance: Weighted, Fitness: Rx’d, Health: sub of choice – post, box, rope, etc)
– 20 foot handstand walk (Sub: 40ft Bear Crawl, if no handstand walks)
This Saturday, May 7th, Crossfit ASAP in Dixon is hosting it’s 2nd Annual Regional Scaled Competition for Masters, Adults and Teens. All the workouts are scaled versions of CrossFit Games Regional workouts.
Mike is all signed up! So if you can make it out to cheer him on, that would be great!
If you want to check it out and learn more and sign up, click HERE
Do you know that we offer Private Training?
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FITNESS! Here are some things private training can do for you:
- Complete our Fundamentals classes with your own Coach.
- Ease your way into CrossFit on your own schedule.
- Master the Olympic and Power lifts.
- Upgrade your nutritional life from the kitchen to the store.
- Improve those pesky difficult movements (i.e: kipping pull ups or double unders).
- Improve gymnastics: muscle ups, bar muscle ups, handstand push ups.
- Customize programming for you.
- Or, just get better at CrossFit.
Sometimes, one-on-one sessions is just what is needed. At The Compound, we have many experienced, and certified coaches in not just CrossFit, but weightlifting, endurance sports, and overall wellness. We’ve been coaching CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics, mobility and nutrition for more than 6 years. Our Coaches practice what they preach and are prepared to work with you one-on-one to help you achieve your goals in fitness, strength and nutrition.
All of our Coaches are available for one-on-one sessions with Compound members.