True Push Ups – Thu 8.24.17
For Performance, True Push Ups are done with both hands and feet balancing on bumper plates, parallel bars, KBs, box and rings, anything that elevates the feet and hands. Make sure you get your chest below parallel.
Skill: On the minute for 12:00:
– Odd – 3 Pistols/leg at hardest variation for you
– Even – 1 max distance Broad Jump (try to increase distance each time)
*Try to improve from 8.17.17
Conditioning: AMRAP for 15:00:
– 5 Pull Ups (Performance: Strict, Fitness: Rx’d, Health: Ring Rows)
– 10 Push Ups (Performance: True Push Ups, Fitness: Rx’d, Health: sub as needed)
– 20 Bulgarian Split Squats – 10/leg (Performance: KB/DBs in hands, Fitness/Health: bodyweight)
Fitness is about progression. Not doing more work or more reps or more volume (necessarily), but doing better quality movements and stricter, more difficult movements. Create a plan for progression in any CrossFit movements. Talk to your coach if you need assistance.
In our PT Fundamentals Program you work with your private coach and complete at least 5 one-on-one or two-on-one personal training sessions that will properly prepare you for the demands of CrossFit group classes. During this time, and even upon graduation, you and your coach will constantly monitor your fitness progress to help you achieve your goals!
This is available for current clients and new clients alike. So share with your friends!
For more information, go HERE
Sunday we mentioned Coach Buck and Mikayla and their Scottish Games Training (HERE).
The Iron Thistle Highlanders are putting together an Unofficial Games locally in Vacaville. The ITH Invitational Throwfest will be Monday, September 4th from 9am-4pm at Meadowlands Park, 6181 Vanden Rd, Vacaville, California 95687