Working skills while tired – Fri 8.18.17
Working skills and other high level movements tired or sore is a necessity. Many times, it forces us to finally slow down and utilize the proper muscles and mechanics to do the skills correctly. Many people can do pull ups, muscle ups or handstands when they are fresh. Are they as good after a WOD?
Conditioning: 3 rounds for time:
– 15 Thrusters (Performance: 135/ 95#, Fitness: 105/75#, Health: 85/55#)
– 15 Double Unders (Fitness: Doubles if you can, if not do Health: 30 Jump Ropes running in place)
– 15 Burpees
– 15 Abmat Sit Ups
Skill: OTM for 10:00:
– Performance: 10 yard Handstand Walk or 2-3 Deficit HSPU
– Fitness: 2-3 Handstand Push Ups
– Health: 1 Wall Walk + 5 sec Handstand Hold (as vertical as possible)
Do you know that we offer Private Training?
ONE-ON-ONE COACHING CAN IMPROVE YOU IN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FITNESS! Here are some things private training can do for you:
- Complete our Fundamentals classes with your own Coach.
- Ease your way into CrossFit on your own schedule.
- Master the Olympic and Power lifts.
- Upgrade your nutritional life from the kitchen to the store.
- Improve those pesky difficult movements (i.e: kipping pull ups or double unders).
- Improve gymnastics: muscle ups, bar muscle ups, handstand push ups.
- Customize programming for you.
- Or, just get better at CrossFit.
Sometimes, one-on-one sessions is just what is needed. At The Compound, we have many experienced, and certified coaches in not just CrossFit, but weightlifting, endurance sports, and overall wellness. We’ve been coaching CrossFit, weightlifting, gymnastics, mobility and nutrition for more than 6 years. Our Coaches practice what they preach and are prepared to work with you one-on-one to help you achieve your goals in fitness, strength and nutrition.
All of our Coaches are available for one-on-one sessions with Compound members.