Apps to track workouts – Sunday 6.26.16
Although I still believe pencil and paper work solidly to track your workouts, sometimes, it’s just not a great option to always carry those things around. Especially when we live in the 21st century. Many folks at The Compound have been trying different Apps to track their workout and I wanted to discuss one of those today (and no I don’t get a kickback from the company….yet).
“myWOD — #1 WOD Log for XF Style Workouts“. It’s an App that costs $3.99 and provides you with many great features. I have been using it for CrossFit, Weightlifting and Highland Games throwing for a few years now and it works well. Here’s their marketing description from iTunes:
If you’re looking for a simple way to log and track your XF workouts (WODs), myWOD is your app! Keep track of your records, and seamlessly share your accomplishments on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, or via Email. myWOD gives you the ability to log your max weight achievements, as well as pull daily WODs directly from www.crossfit.com, or your favorite box/gym’s feed. If that isn’t enough, you can also create your own custom WODs and save them for future use!
All of this with a calendar view, graph view, and a search function that makes tracking workouts a breeze along with the ability to back up your WODs and other data makes myWOD THE app for logging your XF workouts.
◦ Share your completed WODs on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare or via Email.
◦ Search feature and calendar for easy tracking of past WODs.
◦ Add custom movements and track max weight achievements.
◦ Graphing to see your progress over time.
◦ Over 150+ preloaded common WODs, updated remotely — so you’ll always have the most up-to-date list of WODs!
◦ Create your own custom WODs for future use.
◦ Add your gyms RSS/ATOM feed and access your daily WODs directly. Add unlimited number of feeds.
◦ Standard timer, lap timer, countdown timer, interval timer, and fully programmable Tabata timer.
◦ Within timers, keep track of reps by tapping screen and then import score to completed WOD.
◦ iPod music access within timers.
◦ Imperial and Metric settings.
◦ Several data back-up options including Dropbox.
◦ Sync data between devices via Bluetooth, Dropbox, or iCloud.
◦ Large collection of how-to videos, covering many basic and advanced movements.
◦ Weight percentage charts and calculator.
◦ Traveling? The find a gym feature locates XF gyms in your area and provides addresses, phone numbers, and websites.
I have set up a feed so that Buildup’s daily workout posts can show up within your MyWod app. If you would like to set this up here is how:
Step 1 – Download the MyWod App download MyWod here
Step 2 – Once you have installed the app go to the common section located on the bottom of the screen. From the common section in the upper right hand corner there is a + sign, press the + sign. it will ask you if you want to set up a custom WOD or a New Feed. Choose New Feed
Step 3 – Enter the Feed URL by entering this mumbo jumbo. You can copy and past it from here or type it. http://crossfitvvn.com/feed/
Step 4 – Once you entered the Feed URL, name the gym and hit the save button.
Now back inside the MyWod app Common section at the top right under Crossfit 101 you will see the name of the gym CrossFit Vacaville North or The Compound. Choose the gym and all of our workouts we post are right there for you to pull up