Wednesday 2.24.16 – overhead squatting fun
We played with some overhead squatting in the WOD on Monday. The Overhead Squat is an exercise that you will get more benefit from a PVC pipe and perfecting your form, than trying to squat with weight. If one of these things happen during the squat, then I would suggest remaining with a PVC pipe or empty bar until fixed:
- base breaks down (knees cave in, heels off the ground, no balance)
- shoulder mobility issues (bar moves in front of shoulders or head, can’t keep elbows locked out)
- loss of core stability (forward lean, loss of lumbar curve, unable to maintain upward pressure on bar, bar floats too far back)
Strength: Overhead Squat 3-3-3-3-3
Conditioning: Complete 2 rounds:
– 400m Run
– 20 Wall Balls (Performance: 20/14# to 10′, Fitness: 20/14# to 10/9′, Health: 14/10# to 9/8′)
– 20 Russian Twists (with Med. Ball) – 1 rep = touch ball 1x on each side of the body
CROSSFIT OPEN is this week! We will be programming The Open workout for the gym each Friday. This way, everyone with scheduling issues can still participate in The Open, whether they sign up or not! We’ll get the entire gym working out together. Of course, if anyone still wants to get together for a Friday Night Throwdown we can schedule that as times permit!
Click HERE to sign up for the CrossFit Open! Team “CF Vacaville North”
We regret to inform you the due to coaches changing schedules, we will be unable to keep the Compound Weightlifting Club going at this time. Any questions or concerns, contact Craig at email@example.com
Stay in contact and up to date with everything at the Compound on Facebook!